NEW Complete Navigation System
$349 FOR THE COMPLETE SYSTEM
Please allow for 3 business days in house to fulfill your order.
|Galaxy Tab 4 7"
|16GB mSD card
|Anywhere Map Freedom Pro
|Geo-referenced Approach Plates
|Full Year of Data updates
|DC Power Adapter
|Fully integrated Android tablet system!
Exclusive mount protects the power adapter from being bumped while in flight.
Includes padded carrying case
This is everything you need for the cockpit! The Anywhere Map Freedom 7 System
includes all of the hardware, software and accessories you need to go flying. At the center of the system is the amazing Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 7" already preloaded with the Anywhere Map Freedom Pro app!
We've added in our new customized aircraft mount for the Galaxy, aircraft power adapter (12V-28V), a stylus for precision computing needs, and a neoprene tablet sleeve – nothing is missing! For over a decade we have been selling integrated system solutions to pilots AND flying with our own products.
The Freedom 7 complete system frees you from the hassle of putting together a compatible system. This tablet fits perfectly on the yoke utilizing our custom designed mounting system. The built-in GPS is one of the best we've used.
The system comes with a full year of subscription to both VFR and IFR charts. And you get a great tablet computer to use on the ground - compatible with thousands of apps you can download from the Google Play Store.
Only Anywhere Map
Anywhere Map® is more than just another pretty chart viewer. Anywhere Map is a personal Flight Management System (FMS) that enhances your safety and efficiency as a pilot, giving you the full time tools you need to stay ahead of the aircraft and manage the tasks of being Pilot-In-Command.
Anywhere Map is an outstanding aviation moving map and includes seamless digital sectional and enroute charts – along with vector based map elements like airports, VORs, fixes, airways, SUA and airspaces, and a host of other features. Our Ultra TAWS technology includes an incredibly detailed terrain elevation map, which can show shaded terrain or brightly colored TAWS-style graphical terrain warnings. This terrain information can be overlaid on vector, sectional or enroute chart backgrounds.
Our Personal Digital Co-Pilot® system keeps track of radio towers and other obstacles and will clearly highlight these, giving warning when they pose a threat. Reminders are provided for fuel tank changes, time to descend, and many other routine activities.
Unlike most chart viewers, Anywhere Map gives you the option of track-up operation OR north-up. Track-up operation insures that what you see on the map matches the view out the windshield. The power of Android ensures a nearly instantaneous response of the app and an incredibly fast real-time update rate.
Our patented Cones of Safety® shows the "safe" region around each airport based on the glide ratio of your aircraft. The flight planning page allows for fuel estimation and the easy editing of multi-leg flight plans.
The Virtual Glideslope automatically pops up as the destination is neared, giving effortless guidance to a three degree glideslope to any of the tens of thousands of runways in the database. As the destination airport is approached, a recommended descent rate automatically appears on the screen to make a perfectly planned arrival at pattern altitude a no-brainer.
Anywhere Map NEVER makes you pay extra for "geo-referenced" charts – we pioneered geo-referencing and all our products are ALWAYS geo-referenced!
Our full airport directory takes the guesswork out of what the facility has to offer. In addition to north-up or track-up mode, the map can be displayed in night mode which greatly reduces the glare from a white screen.
Weather features supported include the NOAA weather graphic charts, which can be saved and viewed even when the internet isn't immediately available; and our Anywhere Link™ weather server provides real time METAR, TAF, and NexRad radar imagery that can be downloaded, buffered, and overlaid on the map an airport information screens. Temporary Flight Restrictions and Special Flight Rule areas are easily downloaded preflight and depicted graphically on the moving map.
The purchase includes a full year of geo-referenced map data. All aeronautical data is updated via a Wi-Fi internet connection--no data cards to trade in! If you have an Anywhere Map LifeTime Subscription for a previous product, it can be transferred to the Freedom system for a nominal fee. Our Freedom systems even come with a 30-day money back guarantee!
Anywhere Map's Unique and Notable Features include:
Patented Cones of Safety®
Personal Digital Co-pilot® with
- Obstacle warnings
- Vertical Navigation
Versatile display options
- North-up or Track-up viewing in any view
- Day or Night mode
- Sectional and low-enroute chart views
- Vector-based Ultra-High resolution Terrain basemap
- Extremely fast update rate, typically faster than 10 updates per second.
- Nautical miles and/or Statute miles
- Time and distance to waypoint
- Dual flight timer AND elapsed timer.
- Virtual Glideslope (Virtual ILS) to any runway
- Extensive Vertical Guidance (VNAV)
High resolution Ultra TAWS topographic maps with Red Above TAWS presentation that can be overlaid on any basemap
Weather, TFRs and SFRs can be downloaded before flight and are presented graphically on the screen.
* Features of this product are protected under US Patent number 6,804,585. Other patents may be pending.
Q: I have an ATC (or Quadra) and I want to purchase the Freedom 7 system. Will my LifeTime subscription for my ATC transfer to the Galaxy?
A: Yes. Your LifeTime subscription may be transferred to a new device for a fee. Please contact our Sales department and read our Terms and Conditions for more detail.
Q: I've heard the FAA plans on charging pilots for digital charts no matter how or where they buy them. When is that happening and how is that going to be handled?
A: Well, no one knows WHEN the FAA is planning to implement these changes--it's moving at the speed of government. But when the FAA implements their "user fee/use tax" on digital chart delivery, the pilot will be responsible for whatever that charge may be. At this time, the FAA projects it to be in the range of $15 for the typical VFR pilot and $40 for the typical IFR pilot. This is only an estimation based on the many meetings that have occurred throughout the industry over the past several months and should not be construed as a final decision.
Q: Can the app be used outside of the United States?
A: While the app is mainly for use in the United States, the map data does have limited use in Canada and into Mexico and the Caribbean ONLY. Specifically, we include high-resolution terrain data up to 60 degrees of latitude, but do not have chart coverage into either country except what is visible on the US Charts.
We do not currently support any type of coverage in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa or Antarctica.
Q: When I zoom out beyond 50 miles, I can see the edges of the Sectional tiles. Beyond this area the map background is white, but I still see airports and airspaces drawn out there?
A: At the present time, we only show sectionals in a 3 degree wide by 3 degree (of latitude). This is an area that is about 150 miles square. It's impossible to see much detail on the sectionals when they are zoomed out to this range. We will add coverage for zoom ranges beyond 50 miles as part of a routine upgrade. The map has vector data for the entire US and will draw maps of much larger areas, these just don't have sectional "wallpaper" under them at ranges above 50 miles. This will soon be supported!
Q: What common Anywhere Map features are NOT yet available?
A: Our goal with the early releases of Anywhere Map Freedom was to create a version that contains all of our signature features, such as Cones of Safety, red TAWS warnings, and track up mapping. There are only a few significant features still under development. These are: support for ADS-B weather, as well as the display of some surface map features, such as digitally rendered lakes and state lines. These surface features ARE clearly shown on the sectional charts.
Q: Are there any features in Freedom that are NOT found in older versions of Anywhere Map?
A: There are many such features. The most obvious feature is the quality of the user interface, which is much nicer than any previous version of Anywhere Map. We also support the display of NOAA weather graphics such as prog and wind charts, which were never included in any earlier version of Anywhere Map. Another unique and new feature is the ability for the HSI needle to automatically snap to the virtual localizer to any runway, allowing for very smooth and precise runway alignment.
Q: What about existing Data Subscriptions? I already have a Lifetime subscription; will it transfer to the new product?
A: Yes, your subscription will move to the new device, BUT you must contact our Sales Department and pay a nominal Platform Change Fee to utilize your Lifetime updates.
Q: Are IAPs/Pocket Plates included in the software?
A:Geo-referenced approach plates are included in the IFR software package, but not in the VFR package.
Q: How much will the plates add to the cost?
A:The current price of the AWM Freedom IFR includes one full year of software, charts, all the approach plates and database updates for $129.99. We also have a 6 month version of Freedom IFR, AWM Freedom IFR Basic for $69.99. As always the charts and approach plates are all geo-referenced.
Q: Will the software for the iPad and the Android devices be different?
A: There will be small differences between the software platforms – however the major features and user interface will be essentially the same. All of the platforms are written from the same code—when we make a change, it affects all the devices!! We have done a 100% complete re-write of our existing software to accomplish this. The main differences between iPad and Android based apps be evident when there is external hardware involved. The Android environment is much more open and allows for more connectivity to external devices.
Q: Is the FAA going to ban portable navigation devices in the cockpit?
A: No. A recent FAA draft advisory circular caused some to ask if the FAA wanted to ban all portables. The actual intent was later explained to apply to Part 91 operators, instructing them to confirm that their portable devices don't interfere with the installed aircraft electronics or other systems. This is a check that the regs authorize the pilot in command to perform.
Q: How do I install database updates?
A:You can update databases within the App. An Internet connection is required. The app allows you to download data by region to save updating time and space. The entire database with all the charts for the entire United States require approximately 6GB of storage space on the tablet. This is comparable to a High Definition movie or two. We recommend installing this on an external memory card on Android devices.
Q: Will Anywhere Map work at speeds over 250 MPH?
A: Yes, there are no speed limitations built into the software.
Q: Can I return the software if it doesn't meet my needs?
A: No. Once you have purchased the software, it is yours to keep. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions, found here.
Full List of Anywhere Map Freedom Features
- Track up or North up
- Day mode or night mode
- Apple or Android
- Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate page
- Raster chart graphics and/or Crisp Digital Vector graphics
- Patented Cones of Safety®
- TAWS warning graphics
- Vertical Navigation with target altitudes
- Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
- Track History / Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited custom “VIEWS” allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Database Features:
- Digital database of fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
- Victor airway digital information including MEA's
- Graphical depiction of localizers and marker beacons
- Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
- Extensive radio frequencies including AWOS phone numbers
- Digital Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
- Digital MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
- SFR and TFR graphical depiction – internet downloads
Surface Map Features
- Sharpest in the industry (100 meter square) Terrain elevation database
- TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) warning or shaded terrain
- Highways as digital vector data
- Radio towers and obstacles over 400' AGL with altitudes
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
- Seamless Sectional chart graphics
- Seamless Enroute Low altitude graphics
- Approach plates and Airport diagrams
- Crisp STARS, DP's Minimums, and TERP Reference pages
Terminal Procedure Features
- Geo-Referenced IAP / STAR / DP can be overlaid on the moving map screen
- The reference material in the front and back of the books is included
- Terminal Procedures are organized into IAP / STAR / DP / REF categories with tabs in the information screen
- Page flip buttons to scroll through multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
- Nearby Airports / VOR's / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet Based Weather Depictions
- Graphical Metar Flags
- Decoded Metar data
- Terminal forecasts
- Nexrad mosaic overlays on any map
Flight Planning & Route Creation
- Drag and Drop Rubber band flight planning
- Touch-screen waypoint selection – tap and use
- “Universal finder” heuristic airport / waypoint search tool saves typing
- Victor airway based route wizard. Example: KBLH V16 v190 KSJN
- Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
- Winds Aloft compensation allows for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
- Added VNAV target altitudes and VNAV arc to waypoints entry
- Track History / Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited Aircraft profiles with fuel consumption, glide performance, and weight and balance info
- User waypoints
- User waypoints from range / radial
- Tap on map graphically
- Manual Lat / long entry
Alerts and Reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
- Periodic Switch Fuel tanks reminder
- Check fuel pump at 1000' AGL
- Check Landing Gear at 600' AGL
- Begin Descent reminder
- Check Oxygen when climbing / descending through 12,000 ft.
- Obstacle Ahead warning
- Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting Options
- Optional Compass rose over map
- Optional Latitude / longitude readout
- Graphical Metar Flags on map
- Day and night mode color schemes
- Map Zoom:
- Pinch zoom gesture
- Zoom flight plan
- Auto zoom
- Fixed numerical zoom ranges
- Drag to pan or “JUMP TO” airport or waypoint
- Graphical depiction of grass runways
- Knots / mph quick toggles
- Cross track error numerical display
- Track / Bearing display
- Groundspeed / Altitude display
- Elapsed / flight timer with one tap access
- ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
- Light or Dark on screen “flight numbers” for optimal contrast
- E-HSI slaves to flight plan and also to the runway centerline
- Destination weather graphic
- Climb / Descent rate information (VNAV)
- Quick access to destination airport frequencies
- Direct distance readout to any airport on screen
- Multiple reference airplane graphics
- Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
- Elapsed timer
- Easy reset or Preset
- Count up or down
- Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
- Vertical navigation – automatic descent rate to pattern altitude
- Weight and balance calculator
- User customizable quick tools menu
- Metars along the flight plan route
- Sim mode for practice flying
- NOAA weather graphic charts
- Regional download controls